slide show
Image Map

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Evan and Lara's Pre-Wedding Shoot



















I don't think I can even describe how amazing this shoot was. We were a little worried we might get rained on as the clouds rolled in on Saturday, but right there in that magic hour before the sun set completely there were these gorgeous shafts of light breaking through the clouds and the sky took on these soft, subtle hues of violet, and orange, and pink...it was heavenly. Lara and Evan met on the beach, so they were right at home walking the sand of the Great Salt Lake nearby Saltair (which we didn't end up using because there was a Marilyn Manson concert going on. Though a bride in the middle of a sea of goths might have been a good shot...? ) :) And this just reinforces why I love having the groom come along. It takes the pressure off of the wedding day because you know you have some great shots of you both in your wedding clothes, and both of you get to relax in each other's company. It all becomes more natural, less posed, and full of chemistry and romance. Some people think it's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding day...
...but all I can say is, how can an evening like this bring anything but good luck?

6 comments:

Ashley, Mike, Mylie, Chloe said...

THe most beautiful lighting ever! I love it!

Carma said...

All I can say is: Amazing!

Carolanne said...

Wow and Wow. What a gorgeous couple, setting, dress, lighting...I could go on and on.

Also, I love the new blog header, but I'm not wild about the period after "tell your story". Maybe I'm too picky.

Carolanne said...

P.S. I think the whole "don't let him see you in your dress before the big day" nonsense is just silly, so I love seeing other brides buck the trend too.

Samantha Jane said...

I love love love love love this shoot!!!

Ann Marie said...

I love that fourth picture and the stormy clouds in the background! That is beautiful. Who knew such stormy conditions could make such beautiful pictures.