slide show
Image Map

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Autumn Evening.


Last night was simply beautiful.

I was lucky to be able to go to the This is the Place Heritage Park for the first time ever for a bridal shoot with Jessica. She had worked there over the summer and so, when we bought our photography pass, she also was able to procure a key from a friend. It was after hours, so we had the whole park to ourselves. We walked up and down quiet, tree lined avenues flanked by picket fences and cozy stone houses. There were lanterns on posts that lit up as the sun went down, and on the slightly chill breeze there wafted the sweet smokey smell of a campfire from somewhere up the canyon. Because she had a key we got to peek inside some of the buildings, decorated with little pumpkins for halloween. As we walked between each shot, she recounted all the history associated with each building.

It was such a lovely autumn evening. I came home and made apple cider and snuggled with my hubby.

P.S. I have a lot of posts to do in the next few days (I haven't forgotten all of you!) Noah's blessing, Lara and Evan's Wedding, Jared and Chelsea's Wedding, the Rivas Family, and of course Jessica's bridals should all be up in the next few days! Whew! Good thing I've got a vacation coming my way...

No comments: