slide show
Image Map

Monday, March 22, 2010

Inspire Me Monday--Thriving Ivory and "Kiss the Rain"

There's a sweet damp smell in the air today...like the rain is just waiting for the perfect moment to appear.  One of those movie moments that require that extra drama, like the long-awaited declaration of love between two star crossed lovers or to heighten the feeling of agonizing loneliness caused by separation of two soul mates.

Rain makes me think about what it feels like to love someone so much it hurts.  Its kind of representative of both love and loss, bitter and sweet.

So today I had to post a little something I've recently discovered by one of my new favorite bands, Thriving Ivory.  I wasn't sure if I loved this guys voice at first, but it really grows on you.  (It reminds me a bit of our Lady Peace). The song I discovered today was their remake of Billie Myers 1997 song "Kiss the Rain" which has always been a favorite for me, since I first heard it at 13. It is a song that I could definitely say fits into the soundtrack of my life.  And finding that Thriving Ivory had covered it, today of all days with that rain in the air, was perfect.  So I have to share. :) (Plus Billie Myers is a girl that kinda sounds like a guy, Thriving Ivory is a guy that sounds a little like a girl...strange sort of symmetry, don't you think? hehe)

 Here it is (never mind the stagnant video, I just wanted the song anyway.)





And though this post is mostly about "Kiss the Rain" I thought I'd give you a second taste of Thriving Ivory, with their "Angels on the Moon" video.

1 comment:

Carolanne said...

'97? Is this song really that old? I've always loved it, and this band does have an interesting Our Lady Peace sound like you said, but I think I might still be partial to the Billie Myers version.